Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm on a Boat!

When I booked my Irish ferry to Dublin, I was thinking it would be more like a very large motor boat.  I also thought it was going to be a fairly short journey.  I mean look how close together England and Ireland are on a map...

Nope.  This was an extremely large boat. 

I never got a look at it before we boarded, as we went straight from the waiting lounge on land up several stories of covered planks to the ship's entrance.  The maroon carpet and gold trimmings immediately took me off guard. Holy crap this place was nice.  Multiple restaurants, lounges, theaters, gift shops.  I'm sure they were hiding a pool somewhere for summertime.

As I was still jetlagged, I slept for the solid first two hours of the voyage.  Had to chug an coffee (from the on board cafe of course) to wake myself up.  Even then I was fighting my eyelids.

We could finally spot land after three hours, and docked after another half hour.  Upon exiting, I realized that the majority of the people around me were Americans.  I guess I should have known based on the insane amount of four leaf clovers tacked to their outfits...

Made it through customs, shared a taxi with a couple other Americans, and headed to the flat of my next host: Leonardo.

Ahoy Mateys
Tegs



2 comments: